Standard Terms & Conditions
1. Installation Work:
- All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671: 2008 Amd 3 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
- All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
- Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
- Unless stated otherwise, all cables will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc. Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in trunking / conduit.
- Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work, best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to affect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
- Where agreed before hand, chases to walls, etc will be re-filled to 2mm below plaster finish depth, however final finishing of skim coat plaster and final decoration is excluded.
- All endeavours will be made to undertake installation work to a clean standard, using dustsheets and vacuum cleaning equipment as necessary.
- The contract outlines the expected duration of the installation work.
- Whilst undertaking the installation work at the property, the client is required to provide water and power free of charge 2. Exclusions:
- Clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included.
- Except where detailed, builders work (creating of holes larger than 50mm diameter, creating of support structures, etc) are not included, except as outlined in 1d, e and f above.
- Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included.
- Removal from site and disposal of rubble, fittings, wiring, materials, general waste and packaging is not included unless specifically detailed as included.
- Extras and Variations:
- All extras and variations must be agreed in writing prior to commencement.
- The costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with you.
- Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between the hours of 08:00 hrs - 18:00 hrs Monday to Friday inclusive. Work required outside these hours may attract out of hours premium rates.
- Any additional work not covered in our quoted costs will attract additional time charge rate of £65.00 per hour plus materials cost and VAT.
- All figures quoted are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
- All figures quoted are valid for a date of 30 days from the date of the estimate or quotation.
- Deviations from Building Regulations and BS7671:
- All work where applicable, will be executed fully in compliance with applicable Building Regulations and BS7671 in force at the time of the work, particularly in respect of work in dwellings to allow the legal Part P obligations to be met. Where a Client requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.
- Risk and Title of Goods and Property:
- The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
- All goods supplied shall remain property of MJMcGinn Electrical LTD until all sums due have been paid in full.
- The client is responsible for ensuring that the property is insured for the duration of the installation work.
- MJMcGinn Electrical LTD warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of 5 YEARS from invoice date. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by MJMcGinn Electrical LTD, physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties.
- As a NICEIC registered electrician all work is backed up by the NICEIC platinum promise details of which can be found at www.niceic.com/find-a-contractor/platinum-promise.
- Unless agreed in writing payment in full must be made on completion of the specified works to MJMcGinn Electrical LTD.
- Stage payments will be requested by prior arrangement where planned works are priced at £1000 or more. We reserve the right to request from you stage payments in the instance where works take longer than 5 days.
- All deposits requested must be paid no later than 7 days before pre-arranged date to carry out the work 9. Complaints:
- Although we make every effort to ensure you are completely satisfied with the services we have provided, we understand that sometimes not everything goes to plan. In the unlikely event that you do experience any problems complaints can be addressed to us using the contact details above.
- We aim to deal with any complaints as quickly as possible and at a time that is convenient for you.
- As a NICEIC registered electrician any complaints that cannot be dealt with by us for any reason can be taken to the NICEIC using the above-mentioned platinum promise.
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Ombudsman Services Ltd for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact Which? Trusted Traders in the first instance on 0117 9
Registered Office Address: Penny Lane Business Centre, 374 Smithdown Lane, L15 5AN
Contact: 0151 268 0374 | www.mjmcginnelectricalltd.co.uk
Company Number: 09972869 VAT Number: 246 0471 20